Thursday, March 26, 2015

My Baguio: A Background



It was in 2012 that I left my life in Manila and moved to Baguio to start a family with my husband TP. It was just after a year of long distance married life. He was working in Baguio for almost 8 years and he was doing well with his job so it was I who relocated. At that time, I was ready to hibernate for at least a month and a different change of atmosphere is most welcome. I openly embraced the thought of a new life.

Despite me and my husband’s roots in Manila (Quezon City and Paranaque respectively), we have grown and settled in the summer capital of the Philippines. It is a manageable city, not too big and not to small to digest, to live in, to saturate yourself into.

At present, while I’m working and thinking of ways to pursue what I want in life, I have grown to love Baguio for its qualities – climate, absence of traffic (except peak seasons!), food..  a cross between urban and simple way of life.

Baguio is becoming more and more urban everyday. I appreciate how it is opening up to global brands yet I appreciate more that some areas are being preserved such as the Camp John Hay area.
In the couple of years that I have lived in this city, I have my fair share of unique Baguio moments.
I want to share them with you.

This part of my blog is a collection of stories in Baguio City, in my eyes. Welcome to Baguio, our new home.


No comments:

Post a Comment